Top 5 Styling tips for this summer by Jenni RyynänenUrbanmedley
In this interview amongst other things we asked image consultant Jenni, what would be her top styling tips for summer of 2021
Jenni, as an image consultant working with women from different parts of the world, why do you think is it so important the way one dresses and styles their appearance?
Your personal image affects all aspects of your life: The way you come across and the way people perceive you. Style is a clever way to express yourself and to help people understand who you are. The way you look has also a big impact on your self-confidence and self-image. Being content, confident and in charge of your life contributes to your success on both personal and professional level. That’s why I am a huge advocate for paying attention to your appearance.
What are the most important things you keep in mind when advising your clients on a wardrobe makeover or change in personal style?
It’s important to know their body shape, colors, lifestyle, career, life goals, current style preferences, fashion dreams, life values and of course budget. I want to create an individual and lasting style and for that it’s important to ask the right questions so we can get on the right path immediately. To achieve this goal I offer a short complementary call and an image assessment to get a strong head-start.
The world thankfully is slowly opening up and people are getting ready for summer – What are your Top 5 styling tips for the season?
I couldn’t be happier to see the world opening up again! I have missed dressing up so much. Some style aspects have changed possibly for good and it’s important to recognize that.
- A lot of our social life will take place outdoors this summer. Think about quality outerwear that is still chic enough to look amazing on terraces and garden parties.
- Comfortable shoes are here to stay! Sneakers and flat sandals are no longer reserved for sporty occasions. They dress down your formal looks nicely and give you that casual glam look that is so relevant right now.
- Invest in clever quality accessories such as scarves. Learn to tie them in different ways to get the most out of your style.
- Hop on the sustainability train and shop your own closet instead of buying everything new. One amazing dress can be styled in so many ways by simply changing your accessories depending on the occasion.
- Go matchy-matchy with your accessories for an elegant summer look. I love to see outfits that are unique and intentional, and what better time to show off your fashion sense than right now?
Accessories are often overlooked as we create a wardrobe- what is your take on accessories and how important do you think it is to our personal style?
I love accessories so much! They allow us to explore our style and to enjoy dressing up. I also appreciate their practical side: They add versatility in our wardrobes and allow us to travel lightly. Accessories are not snobby about the so called “Corona-kilos” and we can invest in them safely knowing that they will stay with us for a long time regardless of our size -or age.
A couple of nice scarves and pair sophisticated earrings will see us through a week worth of Zoom calls without ever looking boring. Remember that scarves are a great alternative to jackets or cardigans. On a warm summer day you might want to dress lightly but still cover your shoulders. A scarf does the job in a fuss-free way!
Some simple things which women overlook in their grooming routine and it makes a big difference to the overall appearance.
- Some items go out of style faster than others. Update your shoes, trousers and skirts often because wearing a dated style makes you look frumpy. Dresses, blouses, jackets and accessories stand the test of time better.
- Dry hands and chapped lips are not a great look. I find that wearing a mask is drying my lips faster and using all that hand sanitizer makes my hands look dull. A good hand cream and a rich lip balm take you a long way.
- Update your makeup look every now and then. Ask for professional advice at the beauty counters and don’t be afraid to try new things. I promised myself to never choose my own foundation again and it has been a good decision. I would always buy the wrong color myself!
What are the main challenges that you experience as an image consultant?
I am not afraid of challenges! Typical ones for my field would be staying relevant and interesting. A lot of my work is about creating authentic and engaging content, but staying consistent can be a true challenge at times. I have a wonderful audience and I want to make sure that I am offering them valuable and meaningful image and style advice all year round.
Jenni Ryynänen is an Image Consultant and a Personal Stylist at I on Image. She wants to help you to develop your personal style and confidence through her tailored image consulting services.
Jenni’s clients are high achieving business professionals who want to put their best foot forward. They appreciate that your image is a powerful form of self-expression and has a great impact on how you feel about yourself.
She will make the visual part of your personal brand shine bright like a diamond, and make you memorable for the right reasons. Jenni’s mission is to make image transformations and style success stories since I on Image was founded in 2015. You can work with her in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and online around the world.
Her handy blog articles will help you to invest in your image and take your personal style to the next level. Subscribe and don’t miss a thing at https://ionimage.nl/blog/
Jenni’s image credit- Rudi Wells Fotografie